1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 02:571 edit
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/school-spending-affluent-widening-wealth-164018926.html

The liberal elite have always championed public education while placing their children in private schools as they fight school vouchers that might place middle class children and poor children in schools with their children, but now things are accelerating. Now private schools are not good enough. Now the uber rich liberal elites are hiring private tutors now that the US economy is on life support.

For children to be successful today, they must be able to do power point presentations by the time they reach middle school.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 03:16
    Looking at the ever increasing cost of higher education, I once thought that they would have to begin to decrease the constant escalation in cost, otherwise demand would not keep up.

However, with the ever increasing income of the liberal elite, they will probably make up the difference with their ballooning salaries to send their children to these uber liberal institutions.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 05:30
    I don't know anyone who went to a private school. Perhaps if you guys, you know, got rid of poverty and invested in your public schools there would be less demand for private education?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 08:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/school-spending-affluent-widening-wealth-164018926.html

The liberal elite have always championed public education while placing their children in private schools as they fight school vouchers that might place middle class children and poor children in schools with their children, but now things are accelerating. Now private ...[text shortened]... l today, they must be able to do power point presentations by the time they reach middle school.
    if i have the money to send my kid to a private school instead of one of your new york schools with metal detector, or one of your schools where the principal/teacher is supposed to carry a gun and be the "good guy to stop the bad guy with a gun" instead of TRAINED security, what do you think i would do?

do you think the republican elite does otherwise? really?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 10:442 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't know anyone who went to a private school. Perhaps if you guys, you know, got rid of poverty and invested in your public schools there would be less demand for private education?
    Here in the US we spend trillions to get rid of poverty, but just like poverty, the US is not getting their money's worth. The US spends more on education than any country in the world and wind up with the 48th ranked education in the world.

All that can be known is that the US taxpayer is not taxed enough. The federal government needs more of our funds to fight education and aid poverty it seems. 😵

Keep reelecting the criminally insane America like you do every election cycle.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 11:37
    Here in the US we spend trillions to get rid of poverty, but just like poverty, the US is not getting their money's worth. The US spends more on education than any country in the world and wind up with the 48th ranked education in the world.

All that can be known is that the US taxpayer is not taxed enough. The federal government needs more of our funds ...[text shortened]... t seems. 😵

Keep reelecting the criminally insane America like you do every election cycle.
    "The US spends more on education than any country in the world"
    i am calling you on that. how about some proof.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 13:37

The liberal elite have always championed public education while placing their children in private schools as they fight school vouchers that might place middle class children and poor children in schools with their children, but now things are accelerating. Now private ...[text shortened]... l today, they must be able to do power point presentations by the time they reach middle school.
    How dare those dirty old LIBERALS want a good education for their kids. Rich Conservatives never do this, do they?? So, please tell us Whodey...what is your answer to all this? You're good at complaining, but not so good at solutions!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 13:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Who spends more spanky?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 13:45
    Originally posted by bill718
    How dare those dirty old LIBERALS want a good education for their kids. Rich Conservatives never do this, do they?? So, please tell us Whodey...what is your answer to all this? You're good at complaining, but not so good at solutions!
    When states ran their education programs without federal interference, public schools fared much better.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 13:50
    the uber rich liberal elites
    I presume this is a minority group you're yacking on about?
  11. Garner, NC
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 13:53
    Interesting that you choose the word "invested" as if it is a foregone conclusion that spending more money is the solution.

See article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/oecd-education-report_n_3496875.html
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 13:56
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I presume this is a minority group you're yacking on about?
    Actually no.

Look at the demographics in the US. The "rich" states are uber liberal. The poor states are conservative for the most part.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 14:17
    Actually no.

Look at the demographics in the US. The "rich" states are uber liberal. The poor states are conservative for the most part.
    Yeah... but how rich are the majority of those folk?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 14:27
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Here's some proof that it's not true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_spending_on_education_(%25_of_GDP)

Although the data for developing countries is probably not very accurate, the rich western country which spends the most on education (as a percentage of GDP) is Denmark.
  15. Garner, NC
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 14:32
    Here's some proof that it's not true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_spending_on_education_(%25_of_GDP)

Although the data for developing countries is probably not very accurate, the rich western country which spends the most on education (as a percentage of GDP) is Denmark.
    As a percentage of GDP, no.

As an absolute amount per student, apparently the US does.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/oecd-education-report_n_3496875.html

And since whodey didn't mention a percentage of GDP, seems like he's correct.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree