1. Standard memberPatanjali
    Grand Poobah
    New York City
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:10
    I thought I might be still able to win. Was this clearly a stalemate? I don't want to be rude.

I got this message from him...

"This game is a waste of my time and you are an idiot for not allowing a draw. You are now on my ignore list."

Game 11048313
  2. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 18:25
    Originally posted by Patanjali
    I thought I might be still able to win. Was this clearly a stalemate? I don't want to be rude.

"This game is a waste of my time and you are an idiot for not allowing a draw. You are now on my ignore list."

Game 11048313
    I don't think so. If he knew this was a draw, why didn't he prove it by forcing a draw?

I believe that you had a shot at the win. I would have played on as well.

I say move on and bask in the knowledge that he has ignored you. There are much more courteous players out there.

Jerry
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 18:37

Game 11048313
    on a wide open board like your position, it's a draw. No chance for the Black King to hide.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 19:03
    From the position at move 61, it looks like a draw by perpetual check. White should have played on, checking but not trading queens.

38. ... c2 was hasty--dropped the c-pawn. Better would have been Qc8 to hold the c-pawn, then c2 or d3 depending on where White puts his Q: one of your pawns would go through.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 19:40

Game 11048313
    Yeah, publicizing private messages is a big no no here.
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 20:06

Game 11048313
    Well, that response was quite rude. You had your chances in that game, but, playing through it backwards, it looks like you would have been lucky to get out of it with a draw. After 49. Qf5, he had you dead to rights. After 50. Qf4 it got even worse. ...g5 wins that game for black.
  7. Standard memberPatanjali
    Grand Poobah
    New York City
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 20:08
    I thought I might have a chance to block with my queen and trade queens.
  8. Standard memberPatanjali
    Grand Poobah
    New York City
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 20:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Yeah, publicizing private messages is a big no no here.
    Sorry, i didn't know....
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 20:30
    I thought I might have a chance to block with my queen and trade queens.
    Nope, that wasn't in the cards. Or, rather, if you had traded Queens he would have promoted that pawn. After he missed his chance by playing 50...d2, the game should have been a draw. Why on Earth did you resign?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 20:51
    It was his opponent who resigned (in a huff). Maybe he was annoyed at having been a rook up and flubbing it.

50. ... g5 was the move, yes indeed: picks off the White Q.
  11. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 20:56
    Originally posted by moonbus
    It was his opponent who resigned (in a huff). Maybe he was annoyed at having been a rook up and flubbing it.

50. ... g5 was the move, yes indeed: picks off the White Q.
    Ah, right. Thanks.
  12. e4
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 22:322 edits
    White was most likely annoyed because at one time he winning easily.

Yes missing 50...g5+ here was a baddie.

You had a nice clean cut win one move earlier.

13. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 23:271 edit

Game 11048313
    I think, technically, he allowed the draw...but decided to resign anyway. His being rude was just completing the "fish" hat trick.
  14. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 00:09

Game 11048313
    It doesnt matter. You have every right to play on and there is no need for you to all9w a draw as he can claim one after three fold repetition or 50 moves without a pawn move.
  15. Standard memberPatanjali
    Grand Poobah
    New York City
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 00:50
    I made at least two or three blunders in this one. Not one of my finer games. Thanks for your input guys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree