April 15th

Standard memberwhodey
Debates 13 Apr '14 21:53
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 21:531 edit
    No, no, this is not about the moon that is suppose to turn to blood on April 15th, and any other related correlations to Revelation that might muster.

No, this is about the progressive Holiday known as tax day here in the states. It is the day when our politicians count what the income they have obtained so they can spend 10 times as much in deficit spending.

Here is an idea. Instead of mailing in a check, why not mail in items equivalent in price? Here is a letter I wrote the IRS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enclosed is my form 1040, together with payment. Please take note of the attached article from USA Today archives. In the article, you will note that the Pentagon paid $171.50 each for hammers and NASA paid $600 each for toilet seats.

Please find enclosed package that contains 4 toilet seats (value $2,400) and 6 hammers (value $1029). This is payment from my total tax due of $3,429.

Out of sense of patriotic duty and to assist in the political purification of our government, I also will be sending a 1.5 inch Phillips head screw, for which HUD duly reordered and approved a purchase value of $22 for each, as my contribution to fulfill the Presidential election fund option on form 1040.

It has been a pleasure once again to pay my taxes this year, and I look forward to paying them next year in accordance with officially established government values.

Edit: As I'm sure you already know, I'm a conservative taxpayer. I am asking that you take my items in lieu of a check or money order. I do this with the hope that those in government can begin to learn to compromise and work together with conservatives for the good of the country, because as we all know, radical extremism leads to an inability to compromise and is therefore, detrimental to the future of this great country of ours.

Sincerely,
    Another satisfied taxpayer."
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 18:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, no, this is not about the moon that is suppose to turn to blood on April 15th, and any other related correlations to Revelation that might muster.

No, this is about the progressive Holiday known as tax day here in the states. It is the day when our politicians count what the income they have obtained so they can spend 10 times as much in deficit spend ...[text shortened]... mental to the future of this great country of ours.

Sincerely,
    Another satisfied taxpayer."
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA no you did not!
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA no you did not!
    http://taxfoundation.org/blog/tax-humor-1
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 22:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    Seriously, why not schedule elections on April 15th. Nice weather, and a chance that more Americans would vote their tax interests.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:352 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Seriously, why not schedule elections on April 15th. Nice weather, and a chance that more Americans would vote their tax interests.
    Is this how you use the word "seriously"? Thanks for the heads-up.

I take it as irony.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 02:161 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The Federal income tax is one of the greatest scams ever created.

They keep your money for an entire year collecting interest on it and then at the end of the year the federal government gives a percentage of that money back. This is a psychological ploy to associate tax day with refund day.

The added bonus is that if the federal government wishes to make your life hell, for whatever reason, they merely audit you.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 02:17
    Originally posted by JS357
    They stole my bit!! 😠
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 03:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Federal income tax is one of the greatest scams ever created.

They keep your money for an entire year collecting interest on it and then at the end of the year the federal government gives a percentage of that money back. This is a psychological ploy to associate tax day with refund day.

The added bonus is that if the federal government wishes to make your life hell, for whatever reason, they merely audit you.
    You didn't seem to have a problem with all this during the "W" years, why all the outrage now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree