1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 11:48
    some information first:
    http://time.com/3770182/kansas-bill-constitutional-carry-concealed-guns/

The Kansas State Rifle Association was supportive of the bill. A statement on its website reads: “the right to keep and bear arms is a natural, unalienable right protected by the Second Amendment and citizens should not have to go through burdensome and expensive hoops to exercise that right.”

8 hous of training to use a gun is too burdensome for kansasanians. so it was shrinked to 0.

But enough with that law. I don't want to discuss that law. i would like to hear from you of other permits that DO require some training.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 11:54
    i will go first:

from the same wonderful state:
    http://www.accesskansas.org/kboc/CosmoStatsandRegs.htm#65-1905
    Statutes and Regulations relating to Cosmetology, Nail Technology, Esthetics, and Electrology.

"65-1905. Examinations; qualifications of applicants; temporary permit.

(a) All examinations held or conducted by the board shall be in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the board. The examinations shall include a written test administered at the completion of 1,000 [ONE THOUSAND] hours of training. "

it takes 1000 hours to be considered worthy to be EXAMINED for a permit to apply hot wax to remove hair from someone's anus.
    i agree. it is quite a complicated process. it is important you know how to do it, because someone might get hurt. just in case it is unclear, i am STILL talking about applying hot wax to someone's anus, not using a death dealing device intended to deal deaths. we already know that requires 0 hours of training.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 12:37
    The Art Institutes International — Kansas City

http://new.artinstitutes.edu/kansas-city/Programs/Baking-and-Pastry/3062

Baking & Pastry Diploma

The general objectives for the program are:

• Demonstrate knife skills, appropriate use and care of equipment, selection of appropriate cooking techniques and other recipe preparation skills to successfully follow directions orally and from recipes.
    • Plan, prepare, produce, and professionally present dishes while consistently maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment as defined by HACCP standards.
    • Describe and perform tasks related to common business practices for a commercial bakery or bakery-café including planning, cost control, food purchasing and inventory.
    • Produce a wide variety of artisan breads, pastries and plated desserts.
    • Create sugar, chocolate and pastillage centerpieces.
    • Produce complex pastries and cakes involving multiple skills and techniques.

i bet the time required to get this diploma is non-zero.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 18:002 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    some information first:
    http://time.com/3770182/kansas-bill-constitutional-carry-concealed-guns/

The Kansas State Rifle Association was supportive of the bill. A statement on its website reads: “the right to keep and bear arms is a natural, unalienable right protected by the Second Amendment and citizens should not have to go through burdensome and expe ...[text shortened]... discuss that law. i would like to hear from you of other permits that DO require some training.
    The Kansas State lawmakers are facing a massive budget shortfall due to their tax cutting mania, and they are focusing on carrying guns around? Typical red state mentality...🙄

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/11/13/kansas_budget_crisis_thanks_to_republican_tax_cuts_the_state_can_t_pay_its.html
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 01:38
    i will go first:

from the same wonderful state:
    http://www.accesskansas.org/kboc/CosmoStatsandRegs.htm#65-1905
    Statutes and Regulations relating to Cosmetology, Nail Technology, Esthetics, and Electrology.

"65-1905. Examinations; qualifications of applicants; temporary permit.

(a) All examinations held or conducted by the board shall be in accor ...[text shortened]... death dealing device intended to deal deaths. we already know that requires 0 hours of training.
    There is no "natural right" to be hairless, or any constitutional protection for practitioners. Licensing seems reasonable.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 01:40
    The Art Institutes International — Kansas City

http://new.artinstitutes.edu/kansas-city/Programs/Baking-and-Pastry/3062

Baking & Pastry Diploma

The general objectives for the program are:

• Demonstrate knife skills, appropriate use and care of equipment, selection of appropriate cooking techniques and other recipe preparation skills to successf ...[text shortened]... ng multiple skills and techniques.

i bet the time required to get this diploma is non-zero.
    In Michigan, you have to pay about $250 to exercise you "right to keep and bear arms" in the form of a Concealed Pistol License. Licenses imply a privilege, not a right.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 17:38
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There is no "natural right" to be hairless, or any constitutional protection for practitioners. Licensing seems reasonable.
    Unless you can point to a Smit&Wesson tree, there's no natural right to carry a boomstick, either.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 21:28
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Unless you can point to a Smit&Wesson tree, there's no natural right to carry a boomstick, either.
    There is a natural right to self defence. Anything denying that right is wrong, thus the 2nd amendment and the Kansas law. The user is foolish if they think that carrying a weapon without any skills is a good idea, but it isn't the State's function to define what is smart or foolish.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 21:291 edit
    yes, yes, invoking the "natural right" card. it is funny how the us seems to be the only other country to believe that is a natural right. (i might be mistaken, please let us know what other country thinks carrying a gun is a natural right)

"i don't need to learn how to use a death device properly because it is my right to use that device"
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 21:33
    There is a natural right to self defence. Anything denying that right is wrong, thus the 2nd amendment and the Kansas law. The user is foolish if they think that carrying a weapon without any skills is a good idea, but it isn't the State's function to define what is smart or foolish.
    so the right to self defense is in fact a right. does that mean that you get to choose whatever you want to defend yourself with? should you get a tank?
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:37
    Pro-gun and health care.

Hahahaha
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 07:48
    yes, yes, invoking the "natural right" card. it is funny how the us seems to be the only other country to believe that is a natural right. (i might be mistaken, please let us know what other country thinks carrying a gun is a natural right)

"i don't need to learn how to use a death device properly because it is my right to use that device"
    A country doesn't 'think' so there is no country that thinks one way or the other on this issue.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 08:36
    So you think it is wrong that American citizens are not allowed to use nuclear missiles in self-defense?
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 10:11
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Pro-gun and health care.

Hahahaha
    That's supposed to read anti-health care...
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 11:32
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    That's supposed to read anti-health care...
    You've been taking a leaf out of KN's book on misrepresentation shav, please don't take that road, it's borrrinnnngggg.

Norm is not anti-healthcare, nor is anyone else.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree