1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 15:30
    No death panels, no crashed economy, no granny's wheeled into the streets, and now this. Sorry Whodey (and other naysayers) you were just plain wrong! 😏

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-surprise-obamacare-development--the-old-system-gets-stronger-191500716.html
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 15:54
    Originally posted by bill718
    No death panels, no crashed economy, no granny's wheeled into the streets, and now this. Sorry Whodey (and other naysayers) you were just plain wrong! 😏

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-surprise-obamacare-development--the-old-system-gets-stronger-191500716.html
    I have no idea where they got there data. It is difficult to compare policies but the cost of our plan at work (Oxford Freedom) went up 22%.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 16:04
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I have no idea where they got there data. It is difficult to compare policies but the cost of our plan at work (Oxford Freedom) went up 22%.
    I have no idea where they got there data.

It says where they got their data and links to:

http://www.towerswatson.com/en/Insights/IC-Types/Survey-Research-Results/2014/08/infographic-employers-act-to-control-health-care-costs
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 16:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    I have no idea where they got there data.

It says where they got their data and links to:

http://www.towerswatson.com/en/Insights/IC-Types/Survey-Research-Results/2014/08/infographic-employers-act-to-control-health-care-costs
    Yes, but my experience has been that for businesses with fewer than 50 employees that the explosion of healthcare expenses has accelerated.
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 17:00
    Yes, but my experience has been that for businesses with fewer than 50 employees that the explosion of healthcare expenses has accelerated.
    Your experience counts for very little...
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 17:38
    I wonder why the site says this: "Smaller businesses could end up more likely to cancel insurance than big conglomerates. The ACA protects companies with fewer than 50 employees, which are essentially exempt from the requirements of health reform law."
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 18:41
    I wonder why the site says this: "Smaller businesses could end up more likely to cancel insurance than big conglomerates. The ACA protects companies with fewer than 50 employees, which are essentially exempt from the requirements of health reform law."
    What remains true is that before ACA became law north of half the people opposed it, and that remains a constant.
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 20:50
    Your experience counts for very little...
    Actually the only thing anyone should care about is how a governmental program effects them.
    But as far as healthcare goes I am not sure why you summarily ignore something that effects the 40 families of co-workers and millions of others who are similarly situated.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 20:53
    The companies with less than 40 employees are not forced to buy coverage. But they are dramatically effected by market forces.
    When insurance goes up over 20% (year after year after year), the compromise is predictable, employees and employers both contribute more and the coverage is worse.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 21:36
    Have they been enforcing Obamacare on businesses now?
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 23:16
    The big advantage of the NHS is that it is paid for out of direct taxation. There isn't any of this bull about who it's costing. Maybe the US should emulate that instead of going for half measures.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 01:051 edit

What I can't figure out is, if its so great why does someone always try to be selling it as good?

If it's so good, it should sell itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree