1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 15:57
    I won today and ended above 50% which hasn't happened since Open Malta 2014. I won also at least 20 ELO points. Maybe more.

Paul Legget obivously thinks i am in the search for excuses, so he wrote approximately that I left out only two of them (excuses): heart attaxk and "sexy blondeine opponent".

Well, next to heart attack occured today. My "neighbur" was jigging with his legs all the time and the table was shaking crazy. My oppoenent warned him once, but longer the game was unfolding, this Parkinson-guy was shaking with arms head, legs and it was driving me crazy.

When he finished his game and left, I hoped I could continue my game in peae, but then my opponent began to jig.

And speaking of blondine as distracitve opponent, that little Spanyard from yesterday had 2 sisters and several cousins with him as spectators, and two sisters tried to distract me with their ahm, "attributes"; how I should put it... I discovered that only today during the ceremony when I saw whole bunch of his family.

Anyway, here's how I won today in morning round. What I missed in round 7 returned now.

2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 00:362 edits
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I won today and ended above 50% which hasn't happened since Open Malta 2014. I won also at least 20 ELO points. Maybe more.

Paul Legget obivously thinks i am in the search for excuses, so he wrote approximately that I left out only two of them (excuses): heart attaxk and "sexy blondeine opponent".

Well, next to heart attack occured today. My "neigh ...[text shortened]... walked through the hall waiting from the distance for him to stop the clock and resign.}
    [/pgn]
    I am sorry you misunderstood me- I only thought you were having some very interesting and entertaining experiences, and wondered what would happen to you next.

Fun was my only intention, and I am sorry I was unclear.

Paul

EDIT: And I can't believe I was so unintentional prescient! I wish I had predicted a 100% score for you back at the beginning of the tournament.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 14:311 edit
    Sorry I misunderstood you.
    I have another excuse - at the closing ceremony it turned out, that I missed 2nd prize for low rated: I was 3rd, so I was in bad mood again..
    😉
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 00:21
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Sorry I misunderstood you.
    I have another excuse - at the closing ceremony it turned out, that I missed 2nd prize for low rated: I was 3rd, so I was in bad mood again..
    😉
    I am part of a local chess club with several seasoned older tournament players, and we all have our share of bizarre and wacky things that happened at chess tournaments, and you seemed to have a whole bunch all in one tournament!

To avoid any further hijacking, I am going to start a new thread to see what other players have experienced. I think we will get some cool stories out of it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree