1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 19:483 edits
    I defeated that little piece of sh.i.t.
    Why so? You know what little bastard did? I forgot to push the clock after my move and he didn’t worn me. Being himself in zeitnot (*I surprised him on the opening), is no excuse. And that woman who stood next to our table during last moves, she looked me as an ominous raven or a witch with evil eye. Parents should be denied entrance to such competitions, when their children are under age of 18.

Spanyard born 2000 vs Me, lonesome, parentless
    VIII round

2. e4
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 02:05
    Sadly your opponent does not have to tell you about the clock.

Under FIDE rules nobody can, bot even an arbiter/trainer/second or...parent.

Remember Karpov - Kasparov W.C. 1987. Kasparov forgot to press his clock,
    Karpov never told him. Karpov won taking advantage of Kasparov's time trouble
    though to be fair Karpov was in the better position.
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 03:00
    After the "illegal move" game and the "forgot to hit the clock" games, it occurred to me that all you need is a "I forgot to set my alarm clock in time for the round" or "my opponent had a heart attack/seizure at the board" game for the hat trick!

And extra credit if you have a "my opponent was a beautiful buxom blonde from Russia" game!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 13:29
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    After the "illegal move" game and the "forgot to hit the clock" games, it occurred to me that all you need is a "I forgot to set my alarm clock in time for the round" or "my opponent had a heart attack/seizure at the board" game for the hat trick!

And extra credit if you have a "my opponent was a beautiful buxom blonde from Russia" game!
    Next to heart attack case happened to-day in Round 9..
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 13:34
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Sadly your opponent does not have to tell you about the clock.

Under FIDE rules nobody can, bot even an arbiter/trainer/second or...parent.

Remember Karpov - Kasparov W.C. 1987. Kasparov forgot to press his clock,
    Karpov never told him. Karpov won taking advantage of Kasparov's time trouble
    though to be fair Karpov was in the better position.
    Nobody has to, ok,
    Maybe arbiter is not even allowed.
    But it is a part of sportmanship to tell your opponent.
    Chess is not all defined. Great deal of sportmanship consists of unwritten rules.

I don't say he had to do it.
    I am saying he is no gentlekid when he didn't.
    And I will continue to tell that to my opponents if they forget to press the clock.
  6. e4
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 14:01
    I agree and on the few times it has happened I've pointed it out
    or if my opponent was away pressed the clock for him.

But all people are different and to some a win is more important than making friends.

The good news is you won't let it happened again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree