1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 07:57
    Good news does not generally sell very well. The media knoes most people would rather read stories that "dig up the dirt", but not so here. Eddie, a dog used in the military was retired with full military honors a short time ago. Not enough is said about these 4 legged troopers, as they risk their lives in the military, search and rescue, and firefighting, all while asking very little in return. Eddie saved several lives with his bomb sniffing ability over the years. Enjoy your retirement Eddie, you earned it!🙂

http://news.yahoo.com/military-dog-saved-patrol-retires-honors-171624675.html
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:30
    Originally posted by bill718
    Good news does not generally sell very well. The media knoes most people would rather read stories that "dig up the dirt", but not so here. Eddie, a dog used in the military was retired with full military honors a short time ago. Not enough is said about these 4 legged troopers, as they risk their lives in the military, search and rescue, and firefighting, a ...[text shortened]... ou earned it!🙂

http://news.yahoo.com/military-dog-saved-patrol-retires-honors-171624675.html
    I understand he's been implicated in a sniff film operation.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 14:471 edit
    Is the dog up to date on his shots and does he have a proper implanted microchip for easy identification?

Also, does his owner try to use him as a tax deduction?

And lastly, has the dog received any money for his efforts?

Big Brother wants to know.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 16:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is the dog up to date on his shots and does he have a proper implanted microchip for easy identification?

I bet he finds living in the USA a bit WOOF in fact after a few days he will be BARKING MAD after al the USA is hardly THE DOGS DOODAHS living there will LEAD to depression he will probably end up with a CHIP on his shoulder.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:57
    Originally posted by redbarons
    I bet he finds living in the USA a bit WOOF in fact after a few days he will be BARKING MAD after al the USA is hardly THE DOGS DOODAHS living there will LEAD to depression he will probably end up with a CHIP on his shoulder.
    In some states, you are taxed for each pet. Is it the same in Europe?
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 20:29
    In some states, you are taxed for each pet. Is it the same in Europe?
    What states would those be?
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 21:11

What is his voting record?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 22:40
    Originally posted by normbenign
    What is his voting record?
    Yellow Dog Democrat of course.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 02:25
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    What states would those be?
    Off the top of my head, WVA and California.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 16:50
    Originally posted by JS357
    Yellow Dog Democrat of course.
    I guess that's one that can't get a picture ID.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 19:30
    Off the top of my head, WVA and California.
    I come from California, have had pets there, and return every year to visit relatives with pets. I've never heard of or encountered this "pet tax" you're on about. I'd be surprised if West Virginia, the "shoes optional" state, has any such tax.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 21:25
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I come from California, have had pets there, and return every year to visit relatives with pets. I've never heard of or encountered this "pet tax" you're on about. I'd be surprised if West Virginia, the "shoes optional" state, has any such tax.
    You are taxed when you buy the pets, however, in WVA they tax per pet on tax forms.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 21:40
    You are taxed when you buy the pets, however, in WVA they tax per pet on tax forms.
    In CA, there is no sales tax collected on pets if the seller sells fewer than three in a year. Otherwise the seller has to get a seller's permit and collect/pay sales tax. A pet owner may buy any number of pets in a year if they buy only from low volume non-licensed sellers. Also there is no tax unless money changes hands.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/formspubs/pub122/

But now you can argue that there is sales tax on pet food and supplies.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 21:41
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I guess that's one that can't get a picture ID.
    They get an RFID chip.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree