1. Joined
    28 Oct '14
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 21:10
    Is there a board on the site where you can analyze different game scenarios when trying to learn new opens etc.. A board that works like the one you play on the site now would be great?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 21:27
    When you are looking at your game board in any of your games, check the column of options on the right side of the board. There is an "analyze board" button there. Click that and you can reset and move the pieces as you wish.

Is that what you are looking for?
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 14:09
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    When you are looking at your game board in any of your games, check the column of options on the right side of the board. There is an "analyze board" button there. Click that and you can reset and move the pieces as you wish.

Is that what you are looking for?
    On the analyze board you can also take off/put on pieces and put them where you like.If you want to practice an opening, say by following the moves from a book, just put all the pieces on their starting squares in any of your games.
    It'll not affect the actual board in the game.
  4. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 20:48
    As an extra layer of protection, I use the above suggestions on the analyze board of a <finished> game. No chance of accidently getting over to a gip and dropping your Q or something. 🙂
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 05:37
    It should be noted that using the Analyse Board is no substitute for using an engine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree